6.13.2008

A Little Bit of Everything...

I know, I know.. but I just haven't had much blogging on the mind lately. While we have been pretty darn busy, it hasn't been the type of busy that you guys would want to hear about.

Here are some brief things to share:

The garden is looking good, though we had a couple of casualties. Three Roma's didn't make it and had to be pulled up. In their place, we planted three Early Girl tomato plants which are still looking a bit grim but it hasn't even been a week yet. I'm still holding on that they'll make it. The other 3 Roma's and three yellow pear plants are looking fabulous. We have peppers growing, and the snap peas are crawling up the trellis with tenacity. I love watching the feelers curl around each bit of string.

We planted a lettuce bed (thanks for all the advice guys) and i'm watching with a hawks eye for any sprouts. We chose Buttercrunch since it seems to do very well in our climate. We also took advantage of a small patch for some leeks. We LOVE leeks and by the time they are ready for harvest, the weather will be cooler -- though I have never needed an excuse to make a batch of potato-leek soup!

The other day, my awesomely wonderful landlord called and said he had 4 tickets to the Rockies vs. SF Giants game and that they were particularly great seats. He was unable to attend and did we want to go. In the words of Napoleon Dynamite; Heck Yes! Bear managed out of work early so we could go and boy was it fun! He wasn't kidding that they were great seats either. We were right behind the dugout!

You can see the camera crew right in front of us. And that's 3rd base you are looking at. Bear ended up on the mega screen at one point. Teenager, while baseball bores the heck out of her, took full advantage of her brother's binoculars. She discovered a guy on the other side of the stadium without his shirt on, a tan that should be criminal, and big gold chains around his neck. Not to sound stereo-typical, but he reminded me of someone out of some Bronx tale. I pictured him with an accent - the whole bit. I know, terrible of me. *shrugs* The shirtless friend with him reminded me a bit of Anthony Michael Hall (before he became real buff) from Weird Science. Bit out of place. Then there was the girl in the swimsuit top that Bear had to check out for himself. LOL


Little Bear had an awesome time, and that really nice lady next to him talked with him the whole game, sharing her peanuts. She was really sweet. It was great fun!



Last night - we watched (for the first time) An Inconvenient Truth. The kids were outside playing, but Bear and I let it be known that they have to sit down and watch it before I return it to the library. I believe it's a highly important film for them to see. I'll save my thoughts on it for another post, but for those who have yet to see it - what are you waiting for!?!?

We are going on an annual camping trip Thursday - a small festival (capped at 100 people) that we attend with other folks from our Pagan community. The large one in August (capped at 1000 people) is the one we are looking most forward too. Never the less, i'll be MIA from the 19th to the 22nd.

Speaking of the 22nd: Teenager will be 15 that day. Yep, my annual crying fest will begin. I cry every year, and while Teenager teases me about it, I think she secretly gets a kick out of it. We are financially tight right now (isn't most everyone else?) but I would LOVE to get her tickets to see Sweeney Todd - the Broadway show that is here in Denver. It ends the following week and I found that tickets are $20 for the balcony seats. Maybe her and her best girlfriend (who is another Tim Burton fan) would enjoy going. I'll have to run it by Bear.

15. Oh Gods our baby is turning 15. sigh.

6 hoots and hollers:

Anonymous said...

What on earth did you do to get such a cool landlord? He sounds like a sweetheart!

Yeah, Inconvenient Truth was important to have the girls watch. (How about that frog, huh? ;-) )

Have fun on your campout!

I totally understand about the birthday thing -- Impera's turning 14 on the 25th. Oh my god, she'll be a high-schooler!!!

Unknown said...

Your campout sounds like so much fun! I have never been camping with a group, especially one where I wouldn't feel left out. I hope that you have a wonderful time. I look forward to hearing about it when you get back.

I love the Rockies. I had their hat and wore it all through high school. My initials were CR and my favorite color was purple. I bet my dad still has that hat.

Rev. Peter Doodes said...

The Inconvenient Truth is an amazing film and I thank Al Gore for it. I hope that a Brit is not offending when I say that I, along with my environmentalist friends, was more than sad when he lost the election. Yet even now, after this film, so many still have their heads firmly placed in the sand hoping the problem will go away... guess what... it won't!

Regards

Mysti said...

Summer Fae - we really have a wonderful time and it's great to see the friends you don't see as often as you would like. It's a great time for kids to completely be themselves, talk about their interests, and just be. It's a blast. The fest in August is so much fun and spiritually renewing. I'll post about it afterwards. :)

Fr. Peter - I am so honored that you come by. Thank you... and you are not alone in the disappointment of the stolen election. He didn't loose. It was ripped from him.

I still refer to him as "The President Who Never Was..." and throughout the film, we kept referring to him as President Gore. LOL

Mysti said...

Imperatrix - the Frog really got to us too! And my landlord rocks! :) Great seats Eh?

Rev. Peter Doodes said...

Mysti,

I really do believe that the world would now be a better and safer place if Al Gore was the leader of what is effectively the free world.

Blessings,

Peter.

PS. I *try* to avoid politics, but I do have a bumper sticker that says "Re-Elect Gore president 2008"!

 
template by suckmylolly.com